This site is moving to www.oesl.org as of May 30, 2019. Please refer to that website for up-to-date information.
Oklahoma eSports League is designed for all public k-12 schools in the state of Oklahoma.
FIRST FRIENDLY MATCH HAS BEEN DELAYED TO MAY 18 AND FULL SEASON BEGINS FALL OF 2019.
May 18th event will be hosted at Union Public Schools. Details listed below:
Union Multipurpose Activity Center
Tulsa, 6836 S Mingo Rd, Tulsa, OK 74133
9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Open draw for all tournaments. School sponsors must email email@example.com to register. Full teams will get first preference and individuals will be used to fill in teams.
All schools must meet the following requirements in order to participate in the Oklahoma eSports League (OESL):
- High schools serving grades 9-12 recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Education.
- Teams must have sponsorship from an employee of the district acting as a Coach and a school level administrator supporting the program.
- Teams must ensure all team members have read and agree to the Code of Conduct.
- If a school wishes to host matches, then the school must agree to these terms:
- Ensure all computers have been reloaded prior to the match and all software and games have been updated.
- Ensure all console games have been updated at least 24 hours prior to the match.
- Provide accessible computers that meet minimum system requirements for applicable game(s), with software downloaded and patched as needed
- Provide stable network access to sites necessary for competition
- White-list all applicable sites or programs needed to support competitive play
- Hold at least one two-hour practice per week.
All team members must be in good standings with the Oklahoma eSports League (OeSL) and meet the minimum eligibility requirements for team participation.:
- OeSL participation is open to high school students.
- The high school student must join the eSports team at their participating high school.
- Communicate with coach at least once per week.
Games may be added or removed during the offseason only. In order to remove/add a game, 60% of all active teams must approve the change.
The student must maintain a passing grade in all classes in order to be eligible to participate in matches.
If a student is failing ANY class, the student is on probation for that week.
If the student is failing ANY class for the second week in a row, then the student will be prohibited from
participating in any match till the student has earned a passing grade in all classes.
Prior to all matches, the school administrator must sign an affidavit stating all student are in good standings.
Any team that plays an ineligible student will forfeit the match.
A schedule will be published prior to the first week of the school year.
A match will occur at various hosting schools once per month.
Each match will allow for competition in each game.
Teams will earn points for each game win.
Point totals will carry over to determine the final four teams.